Valley Wellness is an alternative medical clinic that specializes in treating chronic illness and in promoting health. Treatments utilize naturally occurring substances or promote healthy processes. Conditions such as:
- Pain – arthritis, sports injury, shingles (including post-herpetic neuralgia), TMJ, interstitial cystitis, low back pain, neck pain, headaches, neuropathy, pelvic pain, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis
- Autoimmune disease – multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Hashimoto’s, psoriasis, Crohn’s, PANDAS
- Chronic active infection – Lyme, mycoplasma, Epstein-Barr, Babesia, chlamydia, hepatitis C, herpes, frequent urinary tract infections, bacterial vaginosis, frequent ear infections
- Chronic fatigue – fibromyalgia, myalgic encephalomyelitis
- Atherosclerosis – blocked and hardened arteries, coronary artery disease, claudication, peripheral vascular disease
- Hormones – Type 2 diabetes, low thyroid functioning, low adrenal functioning, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, PMS, estrogen dominance
- Cancer – treatments to robustly support immune functioning, improve the effectiveness of chemotherapy, reduce pain and to improve quality of life during cancer treatment
- Women’s health – menopause, estrogen dominance, osteoporosis and osteopenia, pelvic floor wall issues, pelvic pain
- Men’s health – andropause, erectile dysfunction
- Allergies – to any foods and to hundreds of environmental allergens
- Autism – spectrum disorders, mitochondrial dysfunction
- Asthma – allergic and year round
- Gastrointestinal conditions – IBS, colitis, constipation,
- Skin Conditions – eczema, acne, contact dermatitis, pruritus/itchy skin, hives, lichen planus
Intravenous EDTA chelation has been used with dramatic safety and efficacy to treat blocked and hardened arteries for over 50 years. Studies show it is especially useful for those with Type 2 diabetes.
- Decreases inflammation in the arteries
- Decreases calcium build up and improves elasticity of the blood vessels
- Decreases blockages
- Promotes collateral circulation around blockages
Intravenous treatment that combines an activated form of oxygen and ultraviolet blood irradiation that activates a wide array of healing mechanisms.
- Increases cellular energy production
- Improves oxygen utilization
- Increases blood supply to tissues
- Decreases platelet aggregation
- Activates antioxidants and decreases inflammation
- Inactivates bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites
- Promotes cellular repair
- Enhances immune activity
- Decreases auto-immune activity
For more information about the treatments using UV Light visit www.DrsUBI.com.
Prolozone/Platelet Rich Plasma:
Injecting an activated form of oxygen and the patient’s own platelets into joints and connective tissues stimulates healing from arthritis or injuries that cause chronic pain and stiffness. Professional athletes in every sport utilize this treatment to return more quickly to the field of play and to prolong their careers.
- Decreases inflammation
- Increases blood supply
- Increases energy production
- Activates stem cells
- Promotes regeneration of tissues
For more information about Oxygen Therapies, visit: www.DrsOzone.com.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy:
Bioidentical hormones are manufactured drugs where the hormones produced – estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone – are identical to human hormones. Since they are identical to what occurs in nature, they are not patentable, so there is no drug company interest in them. Studies suggest that bioidentical hormones are more beneficial than synthetic hormone-like drugs and that they are safer.
Low Dose Allergy Immunotherapy (LDA)/Low Dose Immunotherapy (LDI):
LDA/LDI treats food and environmental allergies, autoimmune diseases, and chronic active infections such as Lyme, Babesia, Mycoplasma, Epstein-Barr, Herpes, and many others by desensitizing the immune system to allergens and to offending organisms. It is an extremely safe treatment; those with peanut or shellfish allergies are candidates for the treatment.
Intravenous Vitamin C has been demonstrated to support the treatment of cancer whether patients are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Increases the effects of chemotherapy on the cancer
- Improves appetite while on chemotherapy
- Decreases cancer pain
- Helps protect the patient’s own tissues from chemotherapy
- Helps protect the patient’s own tissues from radiation injury
- Promotes healing
- Improves the activity and the quality of life of patients undergoing cancer treatment
Peptide therapy is graduallly evolving as a game-changer in medicine. They are small molecules made up of a chain of amino acids. Peptides are signaling molecules. Our bodies make over 6,000 peptides, although the total number is unknown. Peptides are how every tissue in our body is regulated. Some of the peptides are hormones, like insulin, but most are more tissue specific. There are peptides that enhance every bodily function: immune system, brain, connective tissues and joints, bowel, skin, body composition, cardiovascular, respiratory, etc. Most are subcutaneous injections that you do yourself at home. The injections are similar to insulin injections, which diabetic children do easily. Peptide therapy is being used to treat everything from brain injury to chronic Lyme to obesity.
Alternative Medicine 101: Harsh Realities
Why doesn’t Dr. Castro participate with insurance companies?
Alternative medical treatments are not FDA-approved, so insurance companies do not reimburse for those treatments.
What is the reason that the treatments are not FDA-approved?
None of the treatments are patentable, or if a treatment once had a patent, it expired before the alternative use of the treatment became evident. FDA approval costs hundreds of millions of dollars. No matter how safe and effective a treatment is, no company will invest that amount of money in any treatment that is not under patent.
Is there scientific data to support the treatments?
Yes, there is an extensive scientific database for each treatment. These are smaller studies than the “gold standard” studies conducted by the drug companies, which the FDA requires for approval, but there is an accumulation of compelling scientific evidence nonetheless. In addition, there is overwhelming clinical experience over decades that demonstrates the safety and efficacy of these treatments. Several of these treatments are used routinely in countries such as Germany, which has a rigorously scientific medical community. The treatments are done because they work well, not because they produce a profit directly. The financial gain comes from the reduction in overall healthcare costs.
How do the treatments differ from conventional medical treatments?
Substantially. The majority of conventional treatments are drugs to reduce symptoms. Reducing symptoms is much different than treating the cause of the symptoms. Alternative medical treatments promote healthy processes that allow the body’s own healing mechanisms to proceed.
Dr. Castro Treats the Following Conditions (as well as others):
- Adult Onset Diabetes
- Allergies – Foods, Environmental, & Chemical
- Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Pain
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Low Thyroid Functioning
- Memory Loss
- Mercury, Lead, and Other Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia
- Weight Gain Not Responsive To Diet and Exercise
- Yeast Related Illness